Personal Information means individually identifiable information, such as a first and last name, a home or other physical address, phone number, an e-mail address or other contact information, whether at work or at home.
The personal information you voluntarily provide is used to fulfill a request. CTroads may use this information to inform you of service information, promotions or other news of value to you. CTroads or its contracted vendors do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone, or disclose personal information except:
- When the purpose and manner of the disclosure has been disclosed to you prior to your providing the information; or
- When disclosure is required by law.
- Forward e-mails and phone messages that ask questions or provide comments on services provided by public agencies for their response;
- Use standard web technologies to generate aggregate usage statistics in order to improve the user experience and system performance; and
- Use third-party contractors to operate our CTroads services, who will have access to Personal Information solely for the benefit of the program and will be required to comply with privacy policies as provided in this Notice.
CTroads Web ServicesCTroads may request Personal Information when you submit comments about CTroads on ctroads.org or when you participate in a CTroads survey, poll or blog. You may also be asked to provide information when subscribing to an email newsletter or email alerts. You do not need to provide the Personal Information requested as part of these ctroads.org web-based programs or services, though you may not be able to use some or all of the features of certain programs or services without providing the information.
We may collect the following information when you visit our website:
- Date and time
- Your internet location (IP address) and Service Provider
- Bytes sent and bytes received
- Time lapsed on website
- Pages visited
- Website Referrer
- Type and configuration of software you used to visit our site
Cookies are small files which can be placed on your computer by Web servers when you visit certain sites. These files may contain information such as ID's and passwords, personal information, or preferences. During your visit, the server can access these files to help personalize pages or allow you to navigate more easily.
CTroads does not set cookies from any page in the ctroads.org domain. If you are concerned about privacy, you may set up your browser not to accept cookies, or you can delete them from your hard drive once you leave the section.
CTroads provides links to other government traffic, public transit, and travel related websites as a service to our customers. Note that CTroads does not endorse or take responsibility for information contained on those sites. When you link to another site, you are no longer on ctroads.org and this Privacy Notice will not apply.
By using ctroads.org, users agree that they will not use the site for any unlawful activity, or use it in any way that would violate these standards. Moreover, users of this website consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice regarding management of Personal Information for the purposes explained here.
The effective date of this Privacy Notice is November 8th, 2016. By using the ctroads.org website on or after this date, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice and to CTroads’s collection, use, or dissemination of Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice.
CTroads reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove provisions of this Privacy Notice. Any changes will be posted here, and we encourage you to check back from time to time.